Saturday, October 24, 2009

Oct.23, 2009

I read the following Graphic Novels:
Fables: Vol. 12- The Dark Ages, created by Bill Willingham, story/art by many artists, 2009. In case you haven't read my previous review on this series; this series is about as good as comic series get, in my opinion. Sandman? Watchmen? OK, but this is right in there. This series has won like 7 Eisner Awards since its inception. This is the first volume of a new story cycle, as the long war with the adversary is finally over. Still just as good as always. What else can I say? It's outstanding. Like graphic literature? Read this. Rating = 5.
The Ultimates 2, vol. 2: Grand theft Auto, story by Mark Millar, art by Brian Hitch, 2007. The second volume of the second Ultimates series. I like the Ultimates, but this was good, not great. I've been reading a lot of the Ultimate universe stuff lately, and I'm getting a little worn out on it, actually. Rating = 3.
Justuice League of America: The Lightning Saga, story by Brad Meltzer, art by Geoff Johns, 2008. I've always kind of liked the Justice League, even though I was always much more of a Marvel guy then a D.C. follower. I guess I tend to like team superhero books better in general as opposed to solo series. Anyway, this is very well done. Great story, excellent art. I recommend this Graphic Novel if you like this genre. Rating = 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment