Saturday, October 24, 2009

Oct.24, 2009

I read all these Graphic Novels:
Ultimate X-Men, volumes: 6- Return of the King, 8-New Mutants, 9-The Tempest, 11-The Most Dangerous Game, 12-Hard Lessons, 13- Magnetic North, and 19-Absolute Power. I'm gonna rate them as a big group here, because none of them really stood out form each other. I just never have liked the Ultimate universe as much as I do the regular Marvel universe, and although I love the X-men, the Ultimate versions just aren't as good. I almost rated this group a 2, but it was slightly better than that. Rating for all= 3
Marvel Knights: Spider-Man, Vol. 3- The Last Stand, story by Mark Millar, art by Terry Dodson, 2005. I read the first volume of this series back when I was still collecting comics, and it really had me on the edge of my seat back then. Someone (Norman Osborn/Green Goblin, of course) has learned Spider-Man's secret identity, and kidnapped his beloved Aunt May. Unfortunately, this Graphic Novel, collecting the final chapters of the story arc, just didn't live up to the promise of the earlier books. Rating = 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment